$250 Barbara Stewart Memorial Scholarship Spring 2013 – Entries due 4/25Posted: April 12, 2013
What is the Barbara Stewart Scholarship?
- It is a scholarship established in memory of the late and beloved Barbara Stewart, a City College ESL instructor and photography enthusiast. Each semester a Beginning Photography student is awarded a $250 merit scholarship in her honor.
Who may enter?
- Open to all currently enrolled Photo 51 students.
Is there a theme or subject?
- Yes, the theme this semester is Self Portrait.
What may I submit?
- Students may submit one “piece” consisting of one or no more than two photographs. Each submission will be viewed and judged as a single piece, so if you submit two images, they will be considered only as a pair. You may, of course, choose to submit a single photo.
What are the submission requirements?
- Images should be no less than 1280 pixels on their long side. JPEG format only! Largest jpg is preferred.
- File names must be in this format: first_lastname_ph51-<section#>.jpg. For example: sally_student_ph51-001.jpg No spaces or punctuation other than – or _
- If 2 files are submitted, they should have sequence numbers 1 & 2 as well.
Student’s name must be included as Creator in the file metadata and contact information – phone and/or email must also be included in metadata. Submissions without this information will not be considered!
How do I submit?
- Files should be uploaded to the Barbara Stewart drop box on the Photography Server.
- Submissions must be received no later than 9:00 pm on April 25.
Still have questions?
- Ask your Instructor or a Lab Supervisor for assistance or
- Contact Steven Raskin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous Barbara Stewart Memorial Scholarship Recipients:
Scholarship Recipient: Adrienne Johnson
Exporting with Lightroom (file -export)