New Class for Fall 2013! PHOT 81D Intermediate Photography; Digital classPosted: May 10, 2013
This class is not yet on the online schedule, but keep an eye out for it!
A digital photography course advancing the technical and creative concepts introduced in Beginning Photography. Topics include: Digital camera configurations, exposure control, workflow management, nondestructive editing, image manipulation and enhancement, archiving, printing options, and presentation. Discussions on visual literacy and contemporary photography as well as review of student work are integral.
Upon completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Configure and use advanced functions of DSLR cameras.
- Compare file formats and the attributes of RAW capture.
- Apply color management and 8 bit/16 bit editing.
- Contrast the differences between parametric and pixel editing.
- Utilize advanced RAW processor capabilities to optimize, correct, and creatively alter images.
- Utilize workflow techniques to organize, process, and output images using Lightroom, Photoshop, and a combination of both.
- Demonstrate printing and print-finishing techniques.