What is the Barbara Stewart Scholarship?
• It is a scholarship established in memory of the late and beloved Barbara Stewart, a City College ESL instructor and photography enthusiast. Each semester a Beginning Photography student is awarded a $250 merit scholarship in her honor.
Who may enter?
• Open to all currently enrolled Photo 51 students.
Is there a theme or subject?
• Yes, the theme this semester is Light as Subject.
What may I submit?
• Students may submit one photograph in digital form only.
What are the submission requirements?
• Images should be original size – do not reduce the size. JPEG format only!
• File names must be in this format: first_lastname_ph51-<your section#>.jpg. For example: sally_student_ph51-001.jpg No spaces or punctuation other than – or _
• Student’s name must be included as Creator in the file metadata and his/her email address must also be included in the metadata. Submissions without this information will not be considered!
How do I submit?
• Files should be uploaded using this link:
• Submissions must be received no later than 9:00 pm on April 22, 2017.
Still have questions?
• Ask your Instructor or a Lab Supervisor for assistance or
• Contact Steven Raskin at email@example.com
Congratulations to Simone Mancini for winning the Fall 2016 Yefim Cherkis Memorial Scholarship! Simone will be exhibiting his winning portfolio, “Rome Noir” in Gallery Obscura, April 2017.