Winners On View in Obscura Gallery:
Dec 5th – 17th, 2016
Gallery Obscura, Ocean Campus, Photography Department, CCSF
Winner ($250 scholarship):
Slideshow of all the entries:
Group Exhibit Featuring Photography by:
Amanda Aceves, Long Cheng, Bee Cholsiripunlert, Lara Enguita Cano, Adam Field, Philippe Gardelle, John Patrick Raphael Kenny, Sarah Lewington, Anna Linetskaya, Simone Mancini, Shannon Mclean, Jennifer Nossokoff, Evelyn Oltman, Thomas Risser, Victoria Sinh, Yuri Uemura
December 2nd, 2016 – January 5th, 2017
Reception on Wednesday December 7th, 6-8pm
Mullen Brothers Imaging
2040 Oakdale Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94124
I picked each flower to capture the instantaneous epiphanies. In seeing this short life and all its conditions, I firmly believe that I am not afraid of life or death, nor anything in between or after death.
Photography by Yuri Uemura
On display at Gallery Obscura
November 21th – December 3rd, 2016
Reception: Tuesday November 22nd, 6:30-8:00pm
A fashion shoot collaboration with Photographer Justin Schlesinger and Prof. Nathalie Smith’s class “FASH 54A” inspired by the book “Natural Fashion Tribal Decoration from Africa”.
What is the Barbara Stewart Scholarship?
• It is a scholarship established in memory of the late and beloved Barbara Stewart, a City College ESL instructor and photography enthusiast. Each semester a Beginning Photography student is awarded a $250 merit scholarship in her honor.
Who may enter?
• Open to all currently enrolled Photo 51 students.
Is there a theme or subject?
• Yes, the theme this semester is Self Portrait.
What may I submit?
• Students may submit one “piece” consisting of one or no more than two photographs. Each submission will be judged as a single piece, so if you submit two images, they will be considered only as a pair. You may, of course, choose to submit a single photo.
What are the submission requirements?
•Images should be no less than 1,280 pixels and no more than 6,000 pixels on their long side. JPEG format only!
• File names must be in this format: first_lastname_ph51-<section#>.jpg.
No spaces or punctuation other than – or _
• If 2 files are submitted, they should have sequence numbers 1 & 2 as well.
• Student’s name must be included as Creator in the file metadata and contact information – phone and/or email must also be included in metadata. Submissions without this information will not be considered!
How do I submit?
• Files should be uploaded using this link:
• Submissions must be received no later than 9:00 pm on November 21, 2016.
Still have questions?
• Ask your Instructor or a Lab Supervisor for assistance or
• Contact Steven Raskin at email@example.com
Root Division is thrilled to be participating in this year’s ArtSpan Open Studios! We’re proud to be providing subsidized studio space for 31 emerging artists in the heart of the city! Come by and see what our Studio Artists have been up to!
Studios will be open Saturday & Sunday from 11 AM – 6 PM. Plus get a sneak peek of the 15th Annual Benefit Art Auction in our gallery! Preview works here: squareup.com/store/root-division.
Current Studio Artists
|Kimberley Arteche, BGSTF
Leigh Ann Coleman
Rea Lynn de Guzman
Claire R. Lynch
Sofia Sinibaldi, LTAF
Indira Urrutia, LTAF